Famous Movie Quotes

General and off-topic discussions
moviesfree

Famous Movie Quotes

Post by moviesfree »

As I began to write on this subject, I took note of some of the current events going on right now in our world as well as some personally as well. Some of these are witty and nearly hysterical while others are seriously thought provoking. It really did make me think back to some of the funniest, coolest and most outstanding films I have ever seen. I hope you have as much fun reading this as I did writing this, while looking back at some of the greatest movies ever made. Watch all movies for free and without registration on the new site - https://fmovies.dev

1. Dirty Dancing (1987): "Nobody puts Baby in a Corner". In light of the recent news about Patrick Swayze having pancreatic cancer, it has been spoken many times over the last week that "Nobody puts Patrick Swayze in a Corner". He is not only a great actor, but seems to be a really nice person. He has also been married to the same woman for over 30 years, which is very unusual in Hollywood. Thinking back on his movies, he most often was a fighter who would take on anything or any one. This can be so true for him now as he is facing the battle of his life. Truly he is a fighter as he is now fighting this deadly disease.

2. Gone with the Wind (1939): "Frankly, my dear I don't give a .... It has been quoted many times down through the years by ourselves, our spouses, our parents and many other frustrated people. It is one of my personal favorites - just ask my husband....

3. Smokey and the Bandit (1977): "There is no way, no way you came from my loins". This could easily have been quoted directly by my own father. Thank goodness it was mostly directed at my younger sister. I have since taken that quote and have been guilty about saying it to my own children. Please just don't let them repeat it in church....

4. Mr. and Mrs. Smith (2005): "Still Alive, Baby?". This is one of my husband's personal favorites. I am not sure why but rest assured I am a very light sleeper. I believe he just likes Angelina Jolie , actually mostly her lips. It is a very funny movie and is actually how she and Brad Pitt started their love affair.

5. Jerry Maquire (1996): "Show me the Money"! I love this quote as I am sure you all do. I have often used this quote, especially right before lottery drawings, income tax refunds as well as when my husband brings home money from his summer mowing jobs...

6. Green Mile (1999): "You can't hide what's in your Heart". This is such a true quote because as we all know, there are certain things we try to "hide" from others. It could be the little "white lie" that really bugs us or something really horrible that cannot be ever found out. Although some of these are hidden deep down inside, there is always a part of us that will at one time feel "guilty" about it.

7. Forrest Gump (1994): "Stupid is as stupid Does". This is one of my all time favorite quotes. I am sure it has been used thousands of times. I especially love to repeat it when referring to my ex-husband, his fourth wife, some of my children's friends and some of my relatives....

8. Wizard of Oz (1939): "Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas any more". Again, another personal favorite of mine especially when being a "back seat driver" while on a trip or when sitting through a stupid seminar telling you how to retire rich...

9. An Officer and a Gentleman (1982): "I got no where else to go". I love this quote, especially when Lou Gossett, Jr.'s house burned during one of the many California fires, and he actually quoted this from the movie. It is especially effective when borrowing money from your parents....

10. Ghost (1990): "It's amazing Molly, the love inside.....you take it with you". Need I say any more about this quote except that it does involve again, Patrick Swazye and again, I could not stop thinking about this movie and especially this quote. I have never before experienced someone dying until recently, while cancer seems so rampant and is everywhere. I just think about this quote and I realize that when in that situation, it is very comforting to know that in times of sorrow, the love we have really does carry over into the next realm....